Step Two: Design and Pre-Construction
If the Owner has not selected an Architect or Designer yet then we will make a recommendation and set up an interview process for them to meet qualified Architects and Designers so the right design firm can be selected and made part of the team, (See our Resource Page Tab)
If the Architect and/or Designer have been selected then we recommend as the first step in the process, that a client enter into a Pre-Construction Agreement. This contract makes us part of the team and engages us to work directly with your Architect while they are developing the plans and specifications. We will provide the construction means and methods for delivering the owner’s inspiration as well as provide detailed cost estimating, establish a budget and schedule for managing the project.
Advantages of the Pre-Construction Agreement approach:
- Owner has no obligation to enter into an agreement for construction. However the preconstruction agreement typically allows for a seamless transition from design development to construction. If the owner contracts with Dynan Construction Management, Inc. for the construction phase then we will credit 25% of the preconstruction fees back to the Owner.
- Creating an estimate of cost as the plans are being developed allows the Architect to design toward the budget and helps the client to save time and money.
- Applying our knowledge of construction as well as consulting with our qualified subcontractors we are able to test the budget on the street early in the design process.
- We will participate in design meetings with clients architect as well as third party consultants such as structural engineer, surveyors, permitting agencies etc…required to complete the design process.
- We will provide assistance with the construction specifications and product selections.
- Apply proactive value engineering recommendations to save owner money.
- Provide detailed project approach, scope qualifications and clarifications document.